In general, you can visit worldluxurys.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, if you request information from us or disclose information in any way to us, we will retain the information that you provide. To take advantage of some of our services, you are required to register and create an account on our Site. When you open an individual account on our Site, we ask you to provide personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, shipping address and other contact information. When you open a merchant account on our Site, you will also be required to provide information about your company and to enter into a Merchant Agreement. All World luxurys account holders are required to create a user password that, combined with your login email address, allows access to your account. This data is used to identify you as a World Luxury registered user.
World Luxurys provides a showcase where merchants offer items for sale and shoppers may browse and make purchases. World Luxurys facilitates the sales transactions between merchants and shoppers. To purchase any items, we will ask you to register and provide your credit card payment details and shipping address among other personal information. Once your order is confirmed, you irrevocably authorize charging your credit card for the purchase. We also collect information from Site visitors who have not purchased items and have not identified themselves personally. Information that is collected in aggregate form includes browser type (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari), operating system (e.g. Windows, Macintosh), IP address and internet domain (e.g. AOL).
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this Site, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliate companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our Site
- Chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Site and correspondence sent to us
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
When you visit our Site or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a small text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture or Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. This helps us to analyze our web page traffic; customize our services, content and advertising; measure the effectiveness of promotions and enhance security.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of the features of our Site or services. You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control. For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register and manage your account on the Site
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you from merchants on the Site or other third parties
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about our Site including on our Site and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may also use your information to verify that you qualify as an account holder on the Site and to customize the content that you see on the Site; to help manage your transactions and to contact you as necessary. We may use your contact information to respond to your inquiries or to provide information on the products or services of our merchants whom you are able to contact through the Site in connection with a prospective purchase.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
When you access our Site to enter into a purchase transaction with another person or entity on our Site, we provide your data to that other party in order to facilitate the transaction or the correspondence you have requested. These third parties who will have access to your data include (without limitation) merchants selling items on our Site, shipping companies selected by you and the merchant and payment processors completing the transaction. Merchants will have their own privacy policies regarding the information they receive and we encourage you to read such policies.
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
The data collected by us in the United States may be subject to privacy laws that are less stringent than those in other countries. By using this Site and by providing any personal information to the Site, all users, including without limitation, users in Canada and the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
In addition, merchants on our Site are located around the world. Due to the nature of our business and to enable us to offer goods and services worldwide, your data may be transferred to, and held by merchants or dealers in any country in the world. By using this Site and by providing any personal information to the Site, all users, including without limitation users in Canada and the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information by such third parties.
If you do not wish to receive offers or other notices from us in the future, you can “opt out” by changing your preferences in your Account or by contacting us at the privacy email address below. You can elect not to receive emails from us either by “unsubscribing” to an email you receive or by contacting us. Any changes will affect only future uses of your information. In addition, you are free to decline any “cookies” from our Site if your browser permits you to do so. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your World Luxurys account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your World Luxurys account user name or password via email.
You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with World Luxurys. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with World Luxurys, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you may establish on our websites. In addition, if you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
Your Account on the Site allows you to indicate your preferences with regard to receiving notices, emails and other communications.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate in the notice when it was most recently updated.